This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail Heartbeat.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.2
- Different HAL versions on the Primary and Secondary are supported starting with Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2
- SCOPE Data Collector service V4.3 was replaced with the latest version V4.3.1. Please see Knowledgebase article #1340 - 'Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service - Release Notes' for more information about changes to SCOPE.
- A SCOPE memory leak.
- A Neverfail Heartbeat memory leak.
- An installation issue that can cause the Secondary NIC to be misconfigured.
- An installation issue that can occur on some servers resulting in the packet filter being enabled on the channel NIC rather than principal (public) NIC.
- An issue where files with long file names exceeding 256 characters may not be verified during a full system check.
When licensed as Neverfail Replicator, installation of Neverfail AM(X)s are not permitted and as such, during installation the following behaviors may be seen depending on configuration of the server at install time:
- Applications installed on the Primary server in the default Program Files location will be available on the Secondary server after the restore to the Secondary server.
- Applications installed on the Primary server in a location other than the default Program Files location will have registry configuration entries, in particular those for application services, but the service executables will not be available thereby causing errors to be logged.
Service states will be set to automatic on both sides after the restore and in the case of configuration (1) above, services will start on both servers. In the case of configuration (2) above, errors will occur.
Technical Documents supporting this version of Neverfail Heartbeat are contained in Knowledgebase article #1263 - 'V5.2[.n] Neverfail Heartbeat Technical Documentation'.
Installation instructions are found in Neverfail Heartbeat and Neverfail Replicator - Technical Documentation - Reference Guide V5.2.
Information about upgrading from previous versions of Neverfail Heartbeat to Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.2 can be found in Knowledgebase article #1371 - 'How to Upgrade to Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.2.
Information about upgrading from previous versions of Neverfail Replicator to Neverfail Replicator V5.2.2 can be found in Knowledgebase article #1372 - How to Upgrade to Neverfail Replicator V5.2.2.
Neverfail Heartbeat V5.2.2