This Knowledgebase article provides release information about this specific version of Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service V4.3.1.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service V4.3.1
- Added logs for the static, performance, scheduler, pipe and communications thread.
- WBEM Queries frequency is now configurable
- SCOPE service can update itself at runtime
Changed CSV version to 1072
SCOPE logs get deleted after they reach 1Mb
The ping address was changed to the upload and download URL in the #NF PING# section
A known memory leak
Two counters with the same name will result in an extra row with default values in the #PERFORMANCE DATA# section
The 'Start Name' and 'Version' values sometimes missing from the 'Services' section
Old Secondary information is inserted in the 24h and output files if the channel connection is broken
SCOPE Collector will not download the config files if Neverfail Heartbeat is not installed
SCOPE setup stops if a previous version is installed
- Scope service may lock performance extension .dll's.
Technical Documents supporting this version of SCOPE are contained in Knowledgebase article #1282 - 'V4.3[.n] Neverfail SCOPE Technical Documentation'.
Note: Previous versions of Neverfail SCOPE installed on both the active and passive servers must be uninstalled prior to attempting to install Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service. To uninstall, follow the steps below:
- Click on Start -> All Programs -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs .
- Select 'Scope Data Collector Service' and click Remove .
If the Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service was not installed as part of Neverfail Heartbeat installation, it can be installed and removed independently. There are separate installer packages for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions of Windows.
To install the Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector Service, follow the steps below:
- If Neverfail has not been installed, download SCOPE from the Neverfail Extranet by going to Products / Downloads -> Neverfail SCOPE and select the appropriate version of SCOPE.
- Save the .ZIP installer file to the desired location.
- Double-click the .ZIP file and extract the installer file. Please review the Readme.txt file for additional information.
- Double-click on the installer file to begin the Installation Wizard. The introductory window appears.
- Click Next to begin.
- On the following screen, enter the appropriate information if it is not already present and click Next .
- The next screen allows you to specify the IP address of the remote server and to select the role of the local server. Enter the information as appropriate and click Next .
- Click Install to begin the installation. The progress of the installation is viewable on the following screen.
- When installation has completed, click Finish .
Neverfail SCOPE Data Collector service V4.3.1