This Knowledgebase article provides information about this specific release of Neverfail for SharePoint Plug-in.
The Neverfail for SharePoint Plug-in provides file and registry filters that replicate critical data and monitors the performance of critical components of the SharePoint server.
Release Notes for:
- Neverfail for SharePoint Plug-in V201.5.1
- This is the first release of this product as a plug-in.
- The plug-in format for this product allows uninstall, reinstall, and upgrading without the need to stop Neverfail Heartbeat.
- This plug-in supersedes the previous released Neverfail for SharePoint Application Modules (AM)s for Neverfail Heartbeat.
The following are known issues in Neverfail for SharePoint Plug-in V201.5.1.
- Installation Issues
The plugin : <drive>:\path\sharepoint\SharePointNFPlugin.dll passed its pre-install checks but issued the following warnings:
SharePoint: Full protection of SharePoint requires Neverfail for IIS to be installed to protect the IIS components. Please ignore this warning if you have already selected Neverfail for IIS for installation.
SharePoint: SharePoint is configured to use a local SQL Server database. Please install Neverfail for SQL Server as well. Please ignore this warning if you have already selected Neverfail for SQL Server for installation.
The pre-install check produced some warnings. However, the installation will be allowed to continue.
- Adding SharePoint Components/Packs after Neverfail for SharePoint has been Installed
The following need to be installed on the Active and Passive servers:
- Add On Packs e.g. DoD Add-On Pack 5015.2
- Solution Packages
- Web Parts
- Additional information about this plug-in can be found in Knowledgebase article #1330 - 'Neverfail for SharePoint - Online Help'.
- For applying SharePoint 2007 updates, patches, or hotfixes, see Knowledgebase article #2292 - Applying SharePoint 2007 Updates, Patches, and Hotfixes When Neverfail for SharePoint is Installed .
Initial installations of Neverfail for SharePoint Plug-in should be performed using the Neverfail Setup process. Subsequent reinstallations and upgrades may be performed using the Application -> Plugins tab of the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
For installation and use of this plug-in, please refer to Knowledgebase article #1330 - 'Neverfail for SharePoint Plug-in - Online Help'.
Neverfail for SharePoint Plug-in V201.5.1