This Knowledgebase article provides information about this specific release of the Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in V201.5.4.
The Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in provides protection for critical data, services, and monitors the performance of Exchange components.
Supported Versions and Platforms
Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 and Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP2
- Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1, SP2, and SP3
Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
- Windows Server 2003 x64 SP1, SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2
- Windows Server 2003 x86 SP1, SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Support for Exchange 2010
- Edge Transport role
- Hub Transport role
- Client Access role (deploy Neverfail for IIS Plug-in)
- Mailbox role
Unified Messaging role
The license for Neverfail Exchange includes Neverfail for IIS
- The IIS Plug-in should always be deployed on the Client Access Server Role Exchange 2007 and 2010 (or whenever IIS is present)
Exchange must be configured to mount the Mail Stores at start up, if Mail Stores are to mount after a switch or failover.
Improved filter discovery for Exchange Server 2003 and 2007 when connectivity is lost with the domain, or the Domain Controller returns RPC errors.
- Exchange2007. ExchangeNetworkConectivityException is not marked as serializable
- Error trying to load Exchange2003 .dll or during processing: The RPC server is unavailable
- Filter discovery is not provided on Edge Transport Servers
- Performance rules for Exchange versions may need to be disabled manually
- ‘RPC Requests 2010’ rule for Exchange Server 2010 remains enabled on Exchange 2007 Server
- The ‘Address List Queue Length’ counter is only available on the first Recipient Update Server Exchange installed within the domain
- The ‘Dismounted store list’ must be disabled manually on the Exchange 2007 Edge Server Role
- Exchange Server 2010 Performance rules may report ‘Counter not available’ when there are multiple instances of these counters on the server
- When performance counters do not exist the .Net stack trace is returned
If Exchange 2010 Rollup 3 is installed, the pre-install check might fail, logging the following message:
The plugin :
<Path to ExchangeNFPlugin.dll> failed its pre-install checks with the following errors :
Exchange: Exchange install path or version is not valid. Make sure Exchange is installed correctly.
To fix this problem, the key
has to be renamed during the Heartbeat setup. Once the setup finishes, the key can be renamed back.
- The Exchange Plug-in does not support clustering technologies for
- Exchange 2003
- Exchange 2007
- Protecting a Microsoft Exchange Cluster requires Neverfail for ClusterProtector
- Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in does not protect SMTP queues on Exchange Server 2003
For more information about the Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in, see Knowledgebase Article #1325 — Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in - Online Help .
Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in V201.5.4