This Knowledgebase article provides information about this specific release of the Neverfail for IIS v201.5.4. For other versions of this plug-in, see Knowledgebase article #547 - IIS – Application Module/Plug-in – Versions .
Note: This plug-in requries Neverfail Heartbeat v6.3.1 or later.
- IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003 SP1, SP2 x86 and x64
- IIS 7.0 on Windows 2008 x86 or x64 or SP1, SP2
- IIS 7.5 on Windows 2008 R2
- Filter Discovery support IIS 7.0 Native Modules and APIs, pre-requisites no longer require installation of IIS 6.0 Compatibility Mode.
- Default logging is now less noisy; enable Verbose Plug-in logging for troubleshooting.
- IIS Plug-in Configuration, the ‘Discover filters when Metabase changes’ is only valid for IIS 6.0 (and IIS 7.0 in IIS 6.0 Compatibility Mode).
- The Neverfail for IIS Plug-in supports replication of chained certificates.
- IIS files marked out-of-sync during a switchover, filters now include the metabase.xml.tmp file to prevent this from occurring.
- When installing the Neverfail for IIS Plug-in without IIS installed, the plug-in will not report “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”.
- SSL Binding configuration settings are replicated to passive server, preventing the Web site availability rule from failing to query web sites when the SSL configuration has changed.
- Neverfail Heartbeat does not support replication of local user information from active to passive servers; Neverfail for IIS no longer replicates some account information to the passive.
- Installing the Phone Book Service will causes an endless sweep sync on Program Files\Phone Book Service\bin\pbsmon.dll , this file should be excluded from the list of protected files.
- The setting for the 'maximum number of items for newsgroup' is not protected.
- Http service may fail to stop when SQL Reporting Service is present. For more information, see Knowledgebase article #1869 - 'HTTP Service Fails to Start or Stop in Response to Neverfail Heartbeat on Servers Hosting IIS Server and SQL Server Reporting Services'.
- When logging for a web site is disabled, the log directory is not removed from the protected set.
- Before installing the Neverfail for IIS Plug-in, set the SYSTEM Account to Read & Write permissions for the following registry key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSFTPSVC\Parameters
- The first install of Neverfail for IIS Plug-in should be performed via Neverfail Setup. Upgrades can be performed using the Applications: Plugins tab of the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
- By default, 'Check website availability' is configured to include the full address 'http://localhost/default.aspx' and requires an authorized Username, Password, and Domain.
To protect Index Catalog Files on Windows Server 2008 R2, perform the following steps:
- After installing Neverfail Heartbeat and the Neverfail for IIS Plug-in, wait for the servers to synchronize.
- Navigate to Applications -> Plug-ins , select the Neverfail for IIS Plug-in and click Edit .
- Select the Protect index catalog files option to enable it.
- Click OK .
Neverfail for IIS Plug-in v205.5.4