This Knowledgebase article provides information about this specific release of the Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in V201.5.6
The Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in provides protection for critical data, services, and monitors the performance of Exchange components.
Supported Versions and Platforms
Neverfail Heartbeat versions
Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 and SP2
- Windows Server 2008 x64 SP1 (Standard and Enterprise)
- Windows Server 2008 x64 R2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1, SP2, and SP3
- Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Windows Server 2008 x64 R2 (Standard)
- Windows Server 2003 x64 SP1, SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2
- Windows Server 2003 x86 SP1, SP2 (Standard and Enterprise)
Protection for Edge Transport configuration files (Ref-12452).
Protection of Transport Agent configuration files (Ref-11540).
Rule to detect Service Pack differences between the active and passive server. If this rule triggers, Administrators should not switchover until the Service Packs on all servers have been updated. This feature is only available on Neverfail v6.6.1 and later.
Support for Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP2
- To prevent excessive logging, the default setting for Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in has been set to false by default (Ref-13065).
Exchange must be configured to mount the Mail Stores at start up, if Mail Stores are to mount after a switch or failover (Ref-8125).
- When performance counters do not exist the .Net stack trace is returned
- In Exchange 2003 environments, where Microsoft Search service is running, some index catalog files might be "out of sync" after a switchover; see Knowledgebase article #2397
- The Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in does not support clustering technologies for
- Exchange 2003
- Exchange 2007
- Protecting a Microsoft Exchange Cluster requires Neverfail for ClusterProtector
- Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in does not protect the Microsoft Exchange Event Service (MSExchangeES) as this service starts on demand and restart protection is not required (Ref-10911).
- The Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in does not support circular logging Ref-11367).
- Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in does not protect SMTP queues on Exchange Server 2003
For more information about the Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in, see Knowledgebase Article #1325 — Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in - Online Help .
Neverfail for Exchange Plug-in V201.5.6