This Knowledgebase article provides information about this specific release of the Neverfail for IIS v201.5.5. For other versions of this plug-in, see Knowledgebase article #547 - IIS – Application Module/Plug-in – Versions .
Note: This plug-in requries Neverfail Heartbeat v6.5.2 or later.
- IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003 SP1, SP2 x86 and x64
- IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003 R2 SP1, SP2 x86 and x64
- IIS 7.0 on Windows 2008 x86 or x64 or SP1, SP2
- IIS 7.5 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1
- IIS 8.0 on Windows 2012 Standard/Datacenter
- Support of IIS 8.0 on Windows Server 2012 Standard/Datacenter.
- Support of IIS 8.0 in IIS 6.0 Compatibility Mode.
- Http service may fail to stop when SQL Reporting Service is present (Ref - 8628).
- Installing the Phone Book Service will cause an endless sweep sync on Program Files\Phone Book Service\bin\pbsmon.dll , this file should be excluded from the list of protected files (Ref - 8688).
- The setting for the 'maximum number of items for newsgroup' is not protected (Ref - 7698).
- When logging for a web site is disabled, the log directory is not removed from the protected set.
- A self signed certificate created on the peer server can't be used/set for an ssl site after a switchover (Ref - 12646).
Neverfail for IIS does not protect sites physically located within C:\Windows\system32\RpcProxy\... folder (Ref - 12341).
- Before installing the Neverfail for IIS Plug-in, set the SYSTEM Account to Read & Write permissions for the following registry key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSFTPSVC\Parameters
- The first install of Neverfail for IIS Plug-in should be performed via Neverfail Setup. Upgrades can be performed using the Applications: Plugins tab of the Neverfail Heartbeat Management Client.
- By default, 'Check website availability' is configured to include the full address 'http://localhost/default.aspx' and requires an authorized Username, Password, and Domain.
To protect Index Catalog Files on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, perform the following steps (Ref - 10267):
- After installing Neverfail Heartbeat and the Neverfail for IIS Plug-in, wait for the servers to synchronize.
- Navigate to Applications -> Plug-ins , select the Neverfail for IIS Plug-in and click Edit .
Protect index catalog files
(IIS 6.0 mode only) option to enable it.
Note: This applies only to IIS 7 and 7.5 installed in IIS 6.0 Compatibility mode, with the Windows Server 2003 File Services -> Indexing Service (cisvc) service installed on the protected machine.
- Click OK .
Neverfail for IIS Plug-in v205.5.5