Virtual machines powering your workspaces run Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2. As Microsoft regularly releases updates to the operating system, we advise you to keep your virtual machines up to date. Updates ensure that your virtual machines are running the latest security updates and you are not exposed to vulnerabilities that have been fixed by Microsoft.
Workspaces allows you to check for operating system updates and install them on your virtual machines through a straightforward process that only requires a couple of clicks.
Before you install updates on your virtual machines, you can see which updates are available for the operating system and decide whether to install or postpone them.
Follow the steps below to check for operating system updates on a virtual machine.
- Log in to your Neverfail Workspaces account.
- Go to Virtual Machines.
- Click the virtual machine that you want to update. Use the filters to narrow down the results.
- In the Updates section, click Check for updates. This process might take a few minutes, depending on the connection to the update servers.
- Once the update check is complete, you can see the available update list.
- To install the updates, click Update in the Actions section.
Workspaces automatically creates a Download and Install Windows Updates workflow when you start the process. You can check the progress of the update installation in the Workflows section. Once the workflow is finished, your virtual machine is up to date and secure.