Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
RemoteApp and Desktop Connection is a tool included in Microsoft Windows operating systems that allows you to access resources such as apps and virtual desktops remotely. Before you can access remote apps, you need to configure RemoteApp and Desktop Connection to recognize the Workspaces feed URL.
Adding the Workspaces feed URL to Microsoft Windows
Follow the steps below to add the Workspaces feed URL to Windows.
- Go to the Home page and find the RDP Feed URL at the top right corner of the screen. Click the clipboard button to copy the URL.
- In your Windows environment, open the RemoteApp and Desktop Connections control panel.
- Click Access RemoteApp and desktops.
- Paste the feed URL into the field shown on screen and click Next.
- Review the connection details in the next screen and click Next.
- When prompted, enter the Workspaces credentials needed to access the app host. Click Remember me to store the credentials for future logins, then click OK.
- Wait for the process to complete and click Finish.
After you've added the feed URL to Windows, you can see the published Workspaces apps in your Start Menu. You can identify them by the (Workspaces) notation in their naming.
You can view more specific details as it relates to Workspaces here:
Mac Operating Systems
Allow apps running from any source
To run remote apps on a Mac OS X machine, your first need to allow your machine to run applications from sources other than the Apple App Store and identified developers. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy.
- In the General tab, click the lock icon in the lower left corner to allow your user account to make changes.
- Set the Allow apps downloaded from option to Anywhere.
- On the security dialog, click Allow From Anywhere.
- Close System Preferences.
Download Microsoft Remote Desktop
Now that your Mac can run apps from any source, download Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Search for Microsoft Remote Desktop and install it.
Add the Workspaces feed URL to your system and run the apps
Before you can access remote apps, you need to configure Microsoft Remove Desktop to recognize the Workspaces feed URL. Follow the steps below to add the Workspaces feed URL to Mac OS.
- Log in to your Neverfail Workspaces account.
- On the Home screen, find the RDP Feed URL at the top right corner of the screen. Click the clipboard button to copy the URL.
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop on your Mac.
- Click Remote Resources.
- Paste the RDP Feed URL in the URL field.
- Enter your Workspaces authentication credentials and click Refresh.
- You should now see the apps that you have access to in the Remote Resources section.
- Double click the app that you want to run, and click Connect to launch it.