How to Change the SSL Certificate used by Neverfail Continuity Engine Management Service
This Knowledgebase article provides the procedure to change the SSL Certificate on Neverfail Continuity Engine Management Service.
To change the current SSL Certificate in Neverfail Continuity Engine Management Service (EMS), perform the following steps:
Note: Within the following procedure, all instances of <password> represent the default password used by EMS web-server. If you intend to use other than the default password (in other words to change the default password), you must also edit the Server.xml file located at %Program Files\Neverfail\tomcat\apache-tomcat-<version>\conf to reflect the non-default password used (this is stored in keystorePass)
Additionally, all file paths are assumed to be the default installation file paths.
- Navigate to Start > Run and open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\nfmgtwebsvcs\management\nfmgtwebsvc.
- Change the value of use_hbws_keystore from TRUE to FALSE and save changes.
- From Service Control Manager, restart Neverfail Management Web Services.
- Create a new KeyStore in a temporary location and enter the certificate details:
cd "C:\Program Files\Neverfail\R2\jre\bin"
keytool -genkey -alias nfhb_private_certificate -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -keystore NFKeyStore.jks -storepass <password>
- Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) as shown below:
If using MD5:
keytool -certreq -alias nfhb_private_certificate -sigalg MD5withRSA -file NFKeyStore.csr -keystore NFKeyStore.jks
-keypass <password> -storepass <password>
If using SHA1:
keytool -certreq -alias nfhb_private_certificate -sigalg SHA1withRSA –file NFKeyStore.csr -keystore NFKeyStore.jks
-keypass <password> -storepass <password>
- Submit the CSR to the Certification Authority (CA).
- Save the received certificate as certnew.p7b.
- Import the received certificate to the JAVA KeyStore:
keytool -import -alias nfhb_private_certificate -keystore NFKeyStore.jks -trustcacerts -storepass <password>
- Verify the imported data from the Java Keystore:
keytool -list -v -keystore NFKeyStore.jks -storepass <password>
- Stop the Tomcat instance used by the Neverfail Management Web Services (nfmgtwebsvc) using the following command:
net stop nfmgtwebsvc
- Create a backup of the currently used KeyStore:
cd "C:\Program Files\Neverfail\tomcat\ssl"
ren NFKeyStore.jks NFKeyStore.jks.bak
- Copy the keystore from the temporary location:
xcopy "C:\Program Files\Neverfail\R2\jre\bin\NFKeyStore.jks" "C:\Program Files\Neverfail\tomcat\ssl"
- Start the Tomcat instance used by the Neverfail Management Web Services (nfmgtwebsvc) using the following command:
net start nfmgtwebsvc
Continuity Engine Product Architecture
Learning objectives At the completion of this session, you should be able to: Identify major components of the Neverfail Continuity Engine product architecture. Describe major component configuration. Identify advantages of the Neverfail Continuity ...
How to enable DEBUG level logging on Neverfail Continuity Engine Management Service
Summary This Knowledgebase article provides information about how to enable DEBUG level logging on Neverfail Continuity Engine Management Service. Procedure To enable DEBUG level logging on Neverfail Continuity Engine Management Service: On the ...
Check Continuity Engine Server Status
This article describes how to check server status by reviewing several indicators, including the system tray icon, the Server Details page and Applications page in EMS, and Windows services. Check Server Status Learning objectives At the end of the ...
Continuity Engine Troubleshooting - Invalid License
This adticle introduces you to license related problems that you may encounter durig routine operations. Invalid License Learning objectives At the completion of this session you should be able to: identify the symptoms of an invalid Neverfail ...
Reference: Continuity Engine Product Architecture
Summary This Quick Reference provides an overview of the key concepts and components of Neverfail Continuity Engine product architecture: More Information Key Concepts and Components Component / Concept Description Active-Passive Server Pair ...